Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A little tired

I wasn't tired this morning, but I sure am now. My fault!

This morning I did an approximate 8 mile run, followed by almost an hour of swimming in Lake Sammamish. I felt pretty good for both. But then I decided to sneak in a weight-lifting workout - the circuit training class - and realized I couldn't run fast without a super-high heart rate and feeling yucky. Hello overtraining! It's been a while since I saw you (it was last just after I did the marathon).

So, no more sneaking in extra workouts - and next week, it was supposed to be a recovery week and I thought I wouldn't bother, but now I think I will. I probably need to.

So, today's data:
Food:
Pre-workout: Vitatop and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Breakfast: Banana bread, milk in coffee, ham and cheese: 545 cals
Snack: String cheese, 60 cals
Lunch: Yogurt with fruit and granola, 3 oz turkey breast: 500 cals
Snack: String cheese, 60 cals
Dinner: Chicken breast, carrots, potato: 600 cals
total today: 1895 calories

Exercise:
Run 90 minutes
Swim 60 minutes
Circuit training 60 minutes
Total calories burned: 1650

2 comments:

Alejandro Cavassa said...

Hello Jessica:

Congratulations for your energy and effort. You're brilliant.

My name is Alejandro Cavassa. I live in Santiago of Chile. I'm preparing for running the New York Marathon.

best regards,
Alejandro

Jessica said...

Thank you for your comments! I'll be running in the New York marathon too - I can't wait!