Monday, August 21, 2006

A gym workout - in the summer!

I worried that I'd be sore today because of the all-out effort I put forth yesterday at Danskin, so instead of the regular Monday Morning Madness, I took a spinning class. Danielle was teaching and she promised me good music (not that she ever has bad music).

It was so hard, though, to keep things low-key and in recovery mode...and I didn't. Danielle had fun music, fun things to do on the bikes, so I just played along and watched my heart rate head north. Wow, it was hot. I forgot what it was like to completely soak a towel with sweat. Biking outside just doesn't get that nasty.

After class, Danielle, Regan and I lifted weights in the "big boy" room at the club - where all the free weights are kept and the bodybuilders hang out. Since usually I do more circuit training type of strength training, this was pretty fun for a change - plus it's always great to have Danielle leading a workout.

I'm hungry! But I'm feeling bloated and yucky from all the food over the last week or so, so I'm buckling back down and meal-tracking again. So here is today's:

Food:
Pre-workout: Vita-top and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Breakfast: Yogurt, granola, two hard-boiled eggs: 380 cals
Lunch: Salad with reduced-fat chicken, 1/2 slice Cosi bread: 436 cals
total so far: 946 calories
Snack: 2 cheese wedges, 70 cals
Dinner: 20/20 "Earth and Ocean" (pork and shrimp), peas, tortilla with cheese: 800 cals
total for the day: 1816 calories - not bad!

Exercise:
Indoor cycling, 1 hour, 450 cals
Weight lifting, 45 minutes, 200 cals
Total: 650 cals burned

2 comments:

dusio said...

Congratulations on your achievements. I wish I had half your energy! I get winded on the steps.

:) said...

I need to try a spin class...