Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Okay, today was the real last hard workout

Remember yesterday when I said I was going to taper?

Um, no. Today's scheduled ride was not the kind of ride you do to taper. When you have to keep repeating to yourself, "Hills make you stronger. Hills are your friend" you're not tapering.

But that's okay - tomorrow I really will. Today's ride was with the Cascade Bicycle Club - it was really fun, but the route was pretty hilly and I think the pace was harder than "brisk."

We rode for just an hour and there was this fabulous downhill part where I went so fast that when I started cruising up the other side, I actually had to use my brakes - UPHILL - so I didn't run into the guy in front of me.

Anyway, my eating today is HORRIBLE and I'm not talking about it. Feeling very diet-defiant. Tomorrow will be better (This is a bad mentality - I should say "the rest of today will be better" - but, well, I know myself. Tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Wes said...

Know thyself. Luv thyself! That's my motto.