Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hello, legs!

Circuit training yesterday was so hard! Oh my goodness, my quads, hamstrings and glutes are SCREAMING today.

So I wasn't sure whether I could do the Cascade Bicycle Club ride, but I figured I'd try it anyway. And I was glad I did - my legs actually feel better spinning (even climbing up hills) than they do when I, well, walk, or sit, or stand. Weird. I was sad that the ride was only one hour. I could have gone much longer. I need to schedule some long rides soon.

Today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: Bagel with egg, ham, and cheese, milk in coffee: 500 cals
Lunch: Chicken sandwich, 350 cals
Inadvertent snack: Camille had a cupcake with lavender frosting - and I don't just mean lavender in color, I mean lavender in scent. It was heavenly and because she's 3, she wouldn't eat it. 300 calories, probably?
Dinner: Pork tenderloin, whole-wheat pasta, peas: 400 cals
Dessert: Two little Dove ice cream things, 120 cals (yes, they really are 60 each. The thing is, can you only eat one or two? Yesterday, I could honestly answer yes!)
Total for the day: 1670 calories (not bad!)

Exercise:
Bike ride 1 hour, 450 cals burned

3 comments:

Wes said...

Sounds like me. I felt so much better running Sunday, even though I was sore from all that reffing Saturday. My muscles just needed to be used!

Regan said...

Circuit Training is SO hard. I think it's about the hardest workout I've ever had! I'm so impressed you could do the CBC ride!

Lance Notstrong said...

It's funny how sometimes soreness only hurts when you are doing normal things like walking or going up stairs.