Thursday, August 24, 2006

Nothing clever to say

Sometimes during my workout my blog post just comes to me. Today I have nothing to say. So, I'll just record my food and exercise.

---
Wait: I thought of something to say. I should update my far-away readers on the weather in Seattle. This morning at 8 a.m. - after my run and outdoor swim - the outside temperature gauge in my car read 57 degrees. That's fahrenheit, too!
---
Ugh. Bad night. Total binge on pizza. I blame my children, and the 20/20 program. My children for asking for pizza (although had I actually planned a meal, I would have had ammo to say no) and the 20/20 program for telling me that if I ate a salad before a meal, I'd eat less during the meal. Um, no. Didn't happen.
---

Food:
Pre-workout: 1 Vitatop and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Breakfast: Bagel, egg, cheese, ham and milk in coffee, 500 cals
Lunch: Burrito bowl (no tortilla), 600 cals
Snack: Sunchips (I know! They're still chips!) and a nectarine: 280 cals (yes Wes I broke the protein with carb rule!)
total so far: 1510 cals
Dinner: Can't count, but salad, pizza, and late at night, after the crab crash, a granola bar. Ugh!

Exercise:
Run 4 miles
Swim 15 minutes
Calories burned: 600

4 comments:

:) said...

You just had to talk about your weather, didn't you???

Guess who stepped out for lunch into 101 degrees?

Jessica said...

Dude, I'm not sure I'd prefer 101, but 57 in August is not ideal either! We had an early summer here, but I don't want an early fall.

Wes said...

Oh poor baby! Just had to stick it to us with the weather? Didn't ya? I actually didn't have much to blog about today either. Your entry is much more concise than mine, therefore, I must assume my mouth runneth over :-)

Andy said...

Weather, jealous. High 80's (not the most hot in US), and you can cut the air with a knife with all of the humidity. I feel like I am in a wet sauna all day long.

It happens to the best of us. You will have something after Saturday to post I am sure.... :-)

By the way, my girlfriend Jackie is now officially obsessed with your blog. After I created my blog she read it almost everyday, and then one day she decided to click on some of the links to other blogs I have on my sidebar. Needless to say she found yours (and it looks pretty too! I thought that was important for women), she reads it everyday. I got the tri bug into her head, and I think reading other peoples' blogs has sealed the deal, she is doing her first one next year.

Murtha...