Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weekend catch up

Quick post to comment on the weekend:

Saturday I did 12 miles running - Gabriel biked it all with me, with no complaints. I bought him a bike computer - it's awesome! I get to track my miles running, he thinks he's cool. Excellent.

Sunday was a rest day for me, but we took the kids to the see the Blue Angels at a park on the west side of Mercer Island. We were in a hurry to find parking, so we didn't have food with us - and we'd been in a hurry to get to church so we hadn't eaten breakfast. So once John had secured a spot in the shade, I said I'd walk back to downtown Mercer Island to find food. I wish I'd had my running shoes - I was wearing my New Balance mules, though, and those are good enough for brisk walking. So I walked a few miles, pretty fast - probably 4.3, 4.4 mph. It felt good to be the one who was fit enough to walk somewhere - we weren't even sure how far it would be - and not be the lazy one waiting with the kids. (Not that John is lazy - just that three years ago, there would be no question - I WOULD NOT have walked to go find food. I would have bought Sno-Cones and soda and called it good, or lost the good parking space and driven).

Being fit is so wonderful. I never never never want to be out of shape again.

No comments: