Thursday, August 17, 2006

Runnin' and swimmin' and chillin'

Today I did just a three-mile run, then swam for about half an hour.

The run was good, but it really was at regular pace - plus, Aleks and I sort of paired off and Nancy and Latosha were behind, and Aleks and I kept picking up the pace. I bet if we ran the Danskin 5K together we'd end up sprinting it. Not sure why we run faster together, but it appears we do - Nancy has told us that before, and today I really noticed since I was trying to run really easy.

My swim was another case, though. I never took my wetsuit out of the trunk of my car on Tuesday, so it was still wet and yucky and I just couldn't bring myself to put it on, despite the 57-degree morning. Aleks was swimming in her tri suit anyway, so I figured I'd just go it in my swimsuit.

It was cold initially, but I had to work harder to swim anyway, so I warmed up pretty fast. Aleks swims so much faster than me! I never noticed before - I think this was the first time we really swam together, other than in the pool. Maybe with my wetsuit I could keep up, but I doubt it.
I did the first half of the first lap well, then I just got bored. I just didn't feel like swimming anymore -so I goofed around, did some backstroke, some sidestroke, and a feeble attempt at breaststroke (I can do breaststroke perfectly - but with NO POWER whatsoever). I stayed in the water as long as Aleks, but swam probably 2/3 as much. Oh well!

I hope my lazy swimming isn't a sign of overtraining, though, but more a sign of enjoying resting and not having to push myself hard. We'll see. Tomorrow I'm barely working out - just transition practice - and Saturday is completely off as I cheer Danielle on at the Beaver Lake Triathlon and get ready for Danskin on Sunday!

3 comments:

:) said...

Have a great time on Saturday and an awesome race on Sunday!!!

Good luck.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Good luck in Danskin. Go for that PR!

Stay tuned...

Wes said...

Oh, bah-humbug. You're ready! Have a little fun before you gear up for the race. Good luck and have a great time!

Wes