Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Working out is hard!

Ugh, back to the grind after eating whatever I wanted for days. And I can feel it! Stuff jiggles that isn't supposed to when I run. Oh well. Fortunately it comes off as quickly as it goes on.

I ran with Nancy this morning for 70 minutes (the other gals are on vacation), then did the noon circuit training class at the Pro Club for a little weight lifting alternating with fast running on the treadmill. And I am tired!

Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: 1 Vitatop and milk in coffee, 130 cals
Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and granola, milk in coffee: 430 cals
Lunch: 20/20 salad, 320 cals
total so far: 880 cals
Snack: String cheese, 80 cals
Dinner: Hot dog and bun (small), small amount potato salad, brownie: 500 cals
Ruined a decent day: Pop-tart, 200 cals (darned kids)
total for the day: 1660 cals (still okay, but time to throw away the Pop-Tarts)

Exercise:
Run 70 min
Circuit training class, 1 hour
Calories burned: 1000

4 comments:

Aleks said...

Puuuulllleeeeaaassseeee! Liar, I have seen your Danskin pics. Or see previous post from the Sammamish tri. :) You're fit as a fiddle!

After the release of the Danskin pics, I emailed by best guy friend in the world who is always honest with me... I asked "how bad is the junk in my trunk"? :)

No matter what his answer is, I'm not willing to give up cycling just to have smaller legs or a more "girlish" figure. If so, I would have given up soccer years ago as well.

Unknown said...

What's vitatop?

Jessica said...

Vitatops are made by this company Vitalicious. It's basically a muffin top, but high-fiber, low-fat, and 100 calories, and a ton of vitamins. They're not particularly good, but I can wash it down with coffee and it's a reasonable thing to eat pre-workout when I need a small carbohydrate meal.

Wes said...

Yea, Jess is such a good lookin triathlete. I just don't think she is EVER satisfied, which can be a good thing. Most of the time...