Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Those yucky parts

My weight is just fine. My clothing fits just fine. I wear a size 6! I can run forever, and I did a half-Ironman!

But yesterday, as I tried on a pair of triathlon shorts, all I could see was these two little lumps near my hips. Extra fat. I'm bumpy. And NOT in a good way.

I think I'm going to take a picture of them and carry it with me everywhere I go. Maybe then I'll actually be able to eat properly (guess why yesterday's meal tracking is incomplete? It begins with P, ends with A and includes a couple of Z's in the middle).

So I'm completely grossed out by these lumps, but unfortunately when I'm dressed in most things other than tri shorts, you can't see them, so I forget they're there and I succumb to chocolate.

But I can't stand them, and they're bringing me down. So I'm going to try to focus on eradicating them forever.

Today I had a shiatsu appointment this morning, so I didn't work out. I'm planning to ride this evening, though.

---
Later: Didn't end up riding; I just didn't feel like doing it alone. (Better get over that if I'm going to do an Ironman!) But I did go out on my hybrid bike with the kids for a while, and I'll make up the missed ride on Sunday.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: Milk in coffee, Starbucks new fruit and yogurt and granola parfait: 350 cals
Lunch: Salad from Panera Bread, piece of whole-grain baguette: 460 cals
Snack: Luna bar, string cheese (when I thought I was going to ride): 240 cals
total so far: 1050 cals
Dinner: Spinach, chicken breast, and a leftover slice of pizza: 700 cals
total for the day: 1750 cals

8 comments:

Aleks said...

I was thinking how great the tri suit looked on you yesterday! I must have been feeling your vibe last night... my meal tracking also ended at the P... ZZ.... A at 9:30 pm last night (and I ate dinner at 6 pm)!

Jessica said...

That's so funny. I was thinking how great the tri suit YOU tried on looked on you!

Wes said...

Jessica, you look awesome and are an inspiration. Wish I could morph some of this dunlap off me too, but I'll have to rid myself of it the hard way! I'm actually starting to tone up a bit and my weight is starting to move. Not very fast though. I burn 500+ calories on a 3 mile run. I guess once I start doing the longer runs 4,5,6+ the weight should start comming off faster. Little lumpy things, LOL.

Unknown said...

Hey Jess,
I know exactly how you feel. I've got some lumps on my thighs that just won't go away. Ugh.

Aleks said...

Oh, and do you generally count your food before your workout in your daily calorie count? I haven't been, but maybe I should start...

Jessica said...

Yes, everything that goes in gets counted. So often I have three meals in the morning: Pre-workout, Workout fuel, and breakfast. :-)

Aleks said...

Booo to that... I prefer to count the 170 calorie pria bar as "free food" as long as it's under the number of calories burned for the day. ;)

Jessica said...

Keep dreaming, my friend. Every calorie counts...even the ones from the french fries I didn't order, but my kid didn't eat!