Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Another three-hour run, done

And I feel even better than last time!

I am so glad, though, that I've seen my last pre-5 a.m. wake up until IMC. I only plan to see the early side of 5 a.m. if I'm still awake then this weekend in Las Vegas (before I begin my party taper, of course).

I met Nancy and Danielle at 5 a.m. to begin our run; it's totally dark now until about 5:40, so it's time to get out the flashing lights and reflective vests again. Blah. But running felt good - I ate an entire bagel and cream cheese plus half a cup of coffee between like 4:35 a.m. and 5 a.m., so was running on pretty much a full stomach.

They were done after the first hour, but that's when I planned to meet Wendy for the remainder of the run. Wendy and I did a route with two steep uphill sections then a long, not very steep hill for 3 miles. I took a GU at around 1:45, not so much because I felt like I needed it, but because time tells me I need it. And I felt completely perfect until about 2:35; that's when I started to feel like maybe I'd been running for a long time and maybe stopping would feel nice.

But I didn't *need* to stop - I just started feeling more tired. So in theory, I should have had another GU - but I didn't want to because we were almost done and I had a plan to get a Java Jane at my favorite coffee shop, Victor's in Redmond. A Java Jane has espresso, chocolate, caramel, and probably other delicious unhealthy things in it, plus chocolate whipped cream. YUM.

So the run was great, and here at work I feel completely normal, like I barely worked out. My legs are very slightly tired - not even something I'd notice otherwise - and the rest of me is perfect.

I'm definitely ready for a marathon run!

2 comments:

wendy said...

wow - you have some serious dedication my friend. I only get up that early when I absolutely have to!

Rachel said...

Wow! You are ready!