Thursday, August 09, 2007

Eight laps, done

I got an eight-lap, 1 hour 40 minute swim done this morning!

Eight laps is between 2.4 and 3 miles, depending on who measures and how precisely I come to the buoys. Based on my swim time, I do believe that it's longer than the Ironman swim.

And I feel awesome! Part of it is that I don't have to swim this distance again until race day, but part is also just that I got decent exercise at a low heart rate and kept my brain entertained and not trying to convince me to swim less.

In fact: the plan had only been to swim seven laps. But with six done, Danielle and I decided one more would be good since we'd always held eight as the ultimate distance we were driving toward.

So it's a great day. Tomorrow I go to Las Vegas for a little weekend getaway - without the kids! - and it's all real taper from here to IMC!

4 comments:

SM said...

I just came back from Vegas on Monday and had a great time (no kids also). But for some strange reason my friend and I ran a 5K race while we were there. It was the first time I ever ran in 100 degrees. It was HOT! Have a great time.

Shawn

wendy said...

nice job getting in 8!

Have a great time on your trip, and good luck tapering. =)

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Woot on the swim.

Enjoy Vegas, baby!

Stay tuned...

Adj said...

IM Canada- wow!!!