Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The plan: My schedule

There's a lot to do once I get to Canada! So I'm writing down the timeline: what I need to do each day to both rest and enjoy the entire experience.

Wednesday, August 22: Shop and pack.

Thursday, August 23:
8 a.m.: Leave Seattle.
2 p.m.: Arrive Penticton. Check into hotel.
2:30 p.m.: Go to registration (if we get there early enough; it closes at 3)
6 p.m.: See if kids want to run the 1K event. If not, get dinner and go to bed early.

Friday, August 24:
8 a.m.: Watch the "Underpants Run" to make the kids laugh.
9 a.m.: Registration if I didn't do it on Thursday; walk around Athlete Village
Noon: Drive bike course
6 p.m.: Mandatory athlete meeting

Saturday, August 25:
9 a.m.: Check in bike and bags
4:30 p.m.: Watch parade with family

Sunday, August 26:
5:30 a.m.: Athlete check-in
7:00 a.m.: Race start!!!

2 comments:

wendy said...

I can't wait to check and see your progress online! And I can't wait to hear your race report. You're going to have to make that a top priority when you get home!!! Lots of pictures, too!

Rachel said...

Remember to rest a lot and stay off your feet.