Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The plan: Non-food, non-clothing stuff

I think I've already got all this together, but just to be sure:

Night before: Tylenol PM, so I can go to sleep very early. It makes me tired.

Swim stuff:
Goggles (two pairs just in case)
De-fog stuff
Earplugs

Swim-to-bike:
Sunscreen
BodyGlide
Lip balm
Extra pair of contact lenses

Bike special needs:
Sport Legs
Endurolytes
Tylenol
Extra tube
CO2 cartridge

Bike to run:
BodyGlide
Sport Legs
Endurolytes
Tylenol
Reflective dots and stuff (I'll probably do something fun with these beforehand)
Gloves
Lip balm
Extra pair of contact lenses

Run Special Needs:
BodyGlide
Sport Legs
Endurolytes
Tylenol
Gloves
Lip balm

I'm not going to put sentimental stuff, like photos or notes, in my bags. I've got that all in my head. :-) I'm also not doing band-aids or stuff like that; I'll be able to get that, I think, if I need it.

I think that's it. I'm packed, my house is fairly clean, and I'm ready. It's time for bed - we're leaving first thing in the morning!

6 comments:

Lauren Starks said...

Good luck! I'm looking forward to your race report!

Sara_J said...

Not sure how much experience you have with tylenol pm, but when I've taken it it's left me REALLY sluggish for quite some time after I wake up in the morning. The last thing you want. Just a head's up :-).

Keep up the planning! These lists and tips are helpful for those of us who dream of Ironman some day :-) Good luck!

Jessica said...

I've been taking Tylenol PM the night before a race for a while now; I definitely need to take it eight full hours before I have to wake up, but it makes me sleep well and I haven't noticed grogginess in the morning. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Kate said...

Good luck! Have fun- believe in yourself and let the day unfold. You're well trained and well prepared. Your attitude is just right for IM. It will be your day!

Rachel said...

Sounds like you are well-organized. Be careful with the sleep aids. They always leave me groggy. It's okay not to sleep well the night before. It's the weeks leading up to it that really count.

Alison said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

That's all I have to say. :)