Monday, August 13, 2007

Vegas, baby

Oh wow. Las Vegas is such a crazy place.

Some quick highlights - I'm still tired from the weekend. And no, I haven't exercised in four days, unless you count dancing until dawn.

-- We won at blackjack, craps, and poker
-- We lost at blackjack, craps, and poker (came home more or less even)
-- We went to the major clubs (Jet, Tangerine, Pure, Empire Ballroom)
-- We paid bouncers $50 to bypass the massive lines at Jet and Pure
-- We paid $50 to $60 cover charges just to get in these places!
-- We paid $15 for a vodka-Red Bull and $10 for a bottle of water (yes, really)
-- We danced to decent music - but honestly, for the supposed exclusivity of these clubs, the music should have been better. I'd rather go out in Seattle and see the house DJs at Last Support Club spin
-- We had a wonderful time together. I've got a pretty cool, pretty fun husband. :-)

I've got some stuff to say about Ironman Canada - most notably, I'm finding myself freaking out periodically now. I went from feeling fine and ready to near panic. Is this normal? It's LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it middle-aged dancin' mom's weekend in Vegas? You rock!