Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ah, the trail

There's a 10-mile trail not too far from my house - it's a loop and it's mile-marked, and it's mostly gravel or dirt so it's softer on your feet than pavement. It's been a while since I ran it, but this morning Danielle and I headed out for a brisk 10-mile run. It's amazing how 10 miles sounds so little to me now!

We did it in 1 hour, 40 minutes, which was perfect: 10-minute miles is great, considering we haven't been running that long in a while. The trail is fairly hilly (though only one hill is very steep - but that's right at the end, or the beginning going down if you pick that direction. We picked to go up the hill - gotta do it the hard way if you're gonna do it at all!). I would have been happy with a 2-hour time, but we were talking the entire time and totally running comfortable. My heart rate was good most of the time - on the uphills it definitely climbed higher than I would have liked, but I think that's the effect of being at the end of a long training week. My heart rate was probably elevated when I woke up this morning; tomorrow I'm going to try to remember to check.

I've eaten a lot today, definitely been hungry. Here's how it breaks down:

Food:
Breakfast: Coffee with cream and reduced-fat coffee cake: 380 cals
Lunch #1 (post-workout): Lasagna, 410 cals (yeah, so it was only 10:30 a.m. It had the right carb to protein ratio)
Lunch #2: (hungry later): Chili and chicken nuggets (don't ask) from Wendy's: 440 cals
Snack: Nuts, a cookie, a short marble mocha macchiato: 400 cals
Total so far: 1630 - ugh, this is awful since I haven't even had dinner yet!
Dinner: Chicken tacos - I don't know, 700 calories?
Total: 2330 calories

Exercise:
Run 10 miles, 1 hour 40 minutes: 900 calories

This puts me at a very slight deficit for the day. Blah.

No comments: