Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Snow!

It was really cold (well, for Seattle) today (well, at 5:15 a.m.) when I went out running. It was pretty much snowing! It wasn't sticking to the ground, but some of the ground was a little slippery. But it was a good run, heart rate zones 2 to 3 with speed pickups in zone 4.

Then I lifted weights and swam half an hour. I should have swum longer, but I didn't bring any food for during exercise, and I really was feeling like I needed it. So half an hour seemed like enough.

I stopped weighing myself daily. I probably will go back to it, but right now I feel really fat (time o' the month) so I just can't do it without getting sad. I'll weigh myself next week or so and see where I am. This morning my jeans felt tight, but I think this pair always does.

Today's data, so far:

Food
Pre-workout: Banana and coffee with cream: 110 cals
Breakfast: Yogurt with granola, ham and cheese, coffee with cream: 545 calories
Lunch: Turkey sandwich with mustard, lettuce, tomato on whole wheat; 1 cup fruit; 1 Hershey's Nugget: 545 calories
Total so far: 1200 calories
Snack: Grapes, 60 cals
Dinner: Shrimp cocktail, 100 cals; lasagna (homemade by me, not as bad as most), 410 cals; bread, 120 cals; salad, 100 cals; 1 glass wine, 80 cals; slice of cake, 400 cals. (This was my Valentine's Dinner - the whole family helped cook. It was really sweet.) 1210 cals total
Total consumed today: 2470 calories


Exercise
Run E2-E3 with S2 (speed pickups), 65 minutes, 500 calories
Lift weights, 45 minutes, 200 calories
Swim E1, E2, S1, S2, 300 calories
Total: 1000 calories burned

So today is a total wash...but given the huge dinner, it could have been worse. And it was a holiday, even if it's a Hallmark holiday.

No comments: