Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Love to run, hate to binge on cookies

This morning I was sore from yesterday's workout - mostly in my chest and arms. So I definitely felt it during my swim. And couple that with the fact that when I swim, I might as well not have legs, it was some work this morning in the pool. I spent 15 of my 45 minutes on legs only - with and without fins. My goal is to get to the point where I have a strong kick naturally, instead of letting my legs drag naturally. I don't want to put huge effort into the kick since I'll have a bike and a run right after, but right now they're not doing anything useful and they should be.

I'm also working on a good S pull with my arms. My left arm crosses the midline all the time, it's like it's not even part of my body. But I tell it to move on over to where it should be. Unfortunately, at this point it takes focus, and since my legs do too, swimming is definitely hard.

So my run. I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill after my swim, doing speed pickups (base at 6.0 for two minutes - up to 8.0 for one minute - back to 6.0). I really enjoyed this workout - the one-minute intervals were long enough to make me feel like I was working, but not long enough to suck my strength. In fact, when I finished the 30 minutes, I felt stronger and more powerful than when I started. Gotta love that!

On eating, I've decided that once a week I get to eat banana bread for breakfast. If I don't, I will likely end up eating something worse anyway. I meant to also eat my ham to get the protein, but I forgot - and now, at 3 p.m., I'm paying for that in that I'm hungry.

---
It's later. It's 9 p.m. My tummy hurts. I totally binged on cookies. I probably ate...a dozen? Maybe only 8 or so. They weren't very big - but even at 100 calories each, that's 800!!! And my tummy hurts! Why did I do that? It was totally mindless eating. Yummy, but not deliberate. Ugh. I hope I puke - it will serve me right. I don't even want to weigh myself tonight. But I will...can't improve if I can't tell the truth.


Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and coffee with cream, 110 cals
Breakfast: Banana bread and coffee with cream, 430 cals
Lunch: Chicken taco salad (no rice, no beans, no taco shell), 350 cals
Snack: 1 slice ham, low-fat cheese: 70 cals
Dinner: 20/20 "Designed Dinners" olive tapenade crusted salmon, asparagus: 450 cals
After-dinner binge: Coffee with cream, cookies: Who knows. Hundreds? Thousands?

Total without the binge: 1410 calories
Total with: 2400 calories?

Exercise:
45 minute swim - E1, E2, E3, S1, S2
30 minute run - mostly in zone 3 with speed pickups (S2)
Total calories burned: 800

Weight beginning of day: 141.8 (yuck)
End of day: 144.8 (at least 2 lbs of cookies)

No comments: