Thursday, February 16, 2006

I can tell it's towards the end of the week

Definitely feeling some muscle soreness today! It was really, really cold this morning, so my running partner preferred to stay indoors. I decided to do my swim first, so I could get it over with and not have to share a lane (not too many people in the pool at 5:15 a.m.!), then I ran 60 minutes - mostly at 6.0, but with 8.6 and above 30-second speed pushes, then I did my weights. I kept it light on the abdominals because, although I wasn't feeling sore before I started, as soon as I did the first curl I felt pretty bad.

By 3 p.m., my left shoulder hurt. I think it was a combination of really focusing on a good, strong, long pull during my swim with doing an exercise with a stretchy band that Danielle showed me - it might have been too much. Ouch. I might need some ibuprofen, even. We'll see. It hurts enough that it sort of radiates down my arm.

I'm in a really foul mood. I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm just totally annoyed about work-related things. And, of course, I would either take it out on the family, or, as I am doing, avoid them. And avoiding them induces guilt. :-) Great cycle!

I'm going to get offline and see if playing with a kid or two will improve my mood. But seriously, I'm feeling annoyed enough that I would think I was about to get my period, but it just ended!

Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and coffee with cream, 110 cals
Breakfast: Oooh, I was bad. Banana bread, ham and cheese, coffee with cream: 535 cals
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on wheat (no time...wanted something lower-cal, but needed something easy and portable): 440 cals
Snack: Veggies and some nuts: 100 cals
Dinner: Chili-marinated shrimp, green beans, 1/2 slice bread, 1 small brownie: 450 cals
Total: 1635 calories

Exercise:
Swim 30 minutes
Run 60 minutes
Lift weights 45 minutes
Total calories burned: 960

Weight this morning: 140.4 <-- improving, I think...

No comments: