Friday, February 10, 2006

Fun in indoor cycling!

I have to admit, usually I dislike indoor cycling and I watch the clock and divide time to tell myself how much longer (1/4 of the way through, 3/4 to go...etc). But today things were just in sync. Danielle had fun music, the room felt energetic, and one benefit of swimming before I do cycling is that I don't get as hot (but sweat still just pours off of me). So that rocked. It was hard to keep my heart rate low. I sort of felt like I sometimes feel around food: like I'm drunk and I just don't care, so I'll eat whatever I please. Well, I felt high and I'll let my heart rate go wherever I please!

But I brought myself back down by reminding myself that later on in my training, when I have to maintain a higher heart rate, I'm going to long for these days of zone 2/zone 3 training.

Here are today's data.

Food:
Pre-workout: the usual, banana and coffee, 110 cals
Breakfast: 1 pear, english muffin with ham and cheese, coffee with cream, 315 cals
Lunch: Chicken breast and broccoli, 310 cals
Treat: Cheesecake parfait, 300 cals
Total so far: 1035 cals - better watch it the rest of the day!
Dinner: Steak (20/20 approved), green beans, steamed red potato, slice bread: 500 cals
Total so far: 1535 cals
Another treat: Cold Stone Creamery ice cream, 325 cals (yes, really: sinless sweet cream! small! but with yummy mix-ins. However, I only ate half but I counted all 325 cals. So it might have been less)
TOTAL CALORIES: 1860

Exercise:
Swim 15 minutes - 100 calories
Bike 1 hour - 500 calories
Total: 600 calories burned

No comments: