Saturday, February 18, 2006

If I never post again, it's because I froze to death

I'm about to go ride my bike somewhere between 40-50 miles - from my house to Seattle, but the very longest way possible, I think (also the safest). It's 21 degrees outside - unbelievably cold for Seattle. But it's clear and the sun is up and hey, if I work hard enough, I'll create my own heat, right? RIGHT???

I'm going on the strength of half a bagel with peanut butter, a banana, and of course coffee with cream. Let's see what happens! Wish I could put coffee in a thermos instead of water in the cage on my bike...

Okay, I survived.


Food:
Breakfast: 1/2 bagel with peanut butter, banana, coffee with cream: 310 cals
On the road: 1 chocolate-covered graham cracker, 1 banana: 210 cals
Lunch: Chicken gyro: 500 cals
"Snacks" (grazing on samples at the Bike Expo): Pieces of Clif Bar, etc, Hershey's Kiss: 100 cals
Dinner: 2 slices pizza, some chocolate and a bite of a cupcake, a nonfat marble mocha macchiato: 970 cals
TOTAL: 1930

Exercise:
Bike 3 hours (4 hours elapsed time, 3 actual moving the pedals): 1600 calories

Calorie deficit: 1930 Yay!

No comments: