Saturday, February 11, 2006

A day full of exercise - and fun!

Not much time to comment, but it was an absolutely beautiful day and I ran and biked and had a fabulous time. At night, though, I was EXHAUSTED. I completely conked out on my bed, with both kids watching Star Wars and I think jumping up and down, but I was kind of too tired to notice. As long as we're all together, right?

But seriously, we had a great bike ride. We rode 24 miles around a gorgeous lake - decent bike trail/shoulder the entire way - and at a reasonable pace. No significant hills. The best part for me was that John did it with me - I really enjoy biking, but I'm focusing more on it this year so that John can enjoy exercise with me. I'm not sure he did, but I was really glad he was there.

Food:
Pre-workout: 1/2 Luna bar, 90 calories
Breakfast: 2 donuts, yum, and coffee with cream: 730 cals (these donuts were small)
Lunch: 1/2 Luna bar, coffee with cream, chicken breast, vegetable soup: 550 cals
Snack: 1/2 York Peppermint Pattie, cheese and crackers: 250 cals
Total so far: 1620 calories
Dinner: Chicken sausage lasagna, pear, 1 piece candy (small), low-cal popcorn: 500 cals
Snack: Dried cranberries, yum (high cal though): 200 calories
TOTAL calories consumed: 2320

Exercise:
Run 8 miles - 700 calories
Bike with Gabriel - 175 calories
Bike with John and Matthew - 700 calories
Total so far: 1575 calories burned
Run with Barbara: 250 calories
TOTAL: 1825 calories burned, woo!

No comments: