Friday, February 17, 2006

It's my weight loss anniversary!

Exactly two years ago today, I started the 20/20 Lifestyles program at the Pro Sports Club. I was 189 pounds and miserable. I was terrified I wouldn't be able to do the diet, the exercise, and that it would just be a very expensive failure, and I was embarrassed just to be in shorts at the gym. I didn't even have appropriate sneakers or gym clothes (how horrifying it is now to think about wearing cotton t-shirts and shorts!). Here's the picture of me they took on day 1.

Well, obviously that wasn't the case, and I'm so thankful that I took the plunge and had the family, friends, and club support to do it and stick with it. It's made a huge difference in my life - in every aspect. At work, I'm more self-confident. At home, I'm happier and more able to do fun things with the family. And for myself, I'm constantly setting new goals, meeting new challenges, and pushing myself harder - and it's both about literally what I can do and metaphorically what I can do. And today I celebrated by wearing horizontal stripes. :-)

So, here's literally what I did today!

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and coffee - imagine that! 110 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese, coffee with cream, yogurt with granola: 545 cals
Lunch: Salad with turkey: 250 cals
Snack: Grapes and half a Clif bar, 185 cals
Total so far: 1090 calories
Dinner: Chicken breast, mashed potato, green beans: 425 cals
Garbage: Small brownie, big bite of cake: 300 cals
TOTAL: 1815 calories

Exercise:
Swim 30 min
Indoor cycling 1 hour
Run 30 minutes
Total calories burned: 1000

Weight beginning of day: 140.2

Calorie deficit: about 800

No comments: