Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A joyful workout

I had a fabulous workout this morning! I felt high. It was so awesome. First I ran just for 10 minutes - 1.25 miles - listening to really up, fast music (mostly three songs: Ready, Steady, Go!, The Distance, and Unwritten.

Then I did indoor cycling, which was okay - music was only so-so. I might have to take Monday's class more often...I prefer the instructor on Wednesday, but the music on Monday. And the music helps keep me going!

Then I ran 20 more minutes, same songs plus others from my usual routine. I pushed the speed up high - up to 9.0 at times, but mostly at 7.0, and I did 4 and a half minutes at 8.0. My heart rate was in the low 180s (I think the max I saw was 183). So a bit much for Base 1 training, but it was so much fun and I felt so great that I just had to do it. Tomorrow's run will be a zone 2 (heart rate 120-140).

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and coffee with cream, 110 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese, a scone (a Valentine's present from a friend), coffee with cream: 545
Lunch: Salad with turkey, no dressing: 250 cals
Snack: Apple, cheese: 90 calories
Dinner: Basa (a white fish) and broccoli, chocolate: 400 calories
Total so far: 1395 calories
After dinner: Small slice cake from yesterday, 1 cookie: 500 calories (estimate)
TOTAL CONSUMED: 1895 calories, not so bad

Exercise:
Run 30 minutes, 3.65 miles
Indoor cycling, 1 hour
Calories burned: 900

Calorie deficit: About 600

My weight tonight was 142. Not too bad for end of day, especially when too many of my calories were consumed at night.

No comments: