Monday, February 06, 2006

Healthy!

Oh my goodness, I am so happy to be better. I know I didn't blog all weekend - I actually felt better during the weekend, even Friday night, but I didn't exercise and I pretty much ate what I wanted, which didn't include anything healthy, so I didn't feel like copping to it.

But now I'm back on track, and 141.4 pounds this morning. And I have a new plan! I got "The Triathlete's Training Bible" and worked on my plan from now until July.

So today I begin "Base 1" training - the standard plan is just perfect given the timing of my major event. However, I sort of didn't follow the plan today because since I didn't exercise in the last week, my normal Monday - just a swim - didn't make sense. And I'm glad I didn't do it because I did a much longer, harder workout and felt awesome. But, I did keep my heart rate in the appropriate zones, which did mean slowing down at some points both in the swim and on the bike, and I will modify a workout later this week so that I stick to the appropriate number of hours.

Okay, I have a confession now: I ate fairly well all day....and then binged at night when I got home from work, in a way I haven't done in a while. I'm not sure how much I ate, exactly...I know there were crackers, and a brownie, and two little cheesecake bites, and bread, and I made unhealthy food for dinner (chicken parmagiana and spaghetti - although I did only eat a tiny bit of the spaghetti). But I can't adequately meal-track what I ate since I'm not totally sure, plus there could have been more...I suck.

Yeah, so here are the data for the day:

Food:
Pre-workout: Less than 1/3 of a Pria Bar (bad idea, yucky): 50 cals
Breakfast: English muffin with ham and low-fat cheese, 1 cup fruit, coffee with cream: 375 cals
Lunch: Salad with turkey, Hershey's Nugget: 280 cals
Snack: String cheese and yogurt: 170 cals
Total so far: 870 calories
Binge at night...who knows. Most likely, 1200 more?

Exercise:
Swim 30 minutes - E1 (slow to focus on skills), E2 (zones 2-3), S1 (drills), S2 (fins)
Indoor cycling - endurance and speed
Run 1 mile - tempo (6.5 on treadmill)
Total calories burned: 900

Weight beginning of day: 141.4
Weight end of day: 144.4 (yuck)

No comments: