Friday, March 03, 2006

#1 Rule of Weight Loss: Don't Bake

Mmm...homemade banana bread. Yummy. And Gabriel insisted that we add chocolate to it, so it's all the more yummy.

Okay, back to exercise: I swam this morning, then did indoor cycling low-key (zone 2 mostly), then ran 20 minutes at a very low zone 3.

And I want to eat the whole darn loaf of banana bread - all 1700 calories of it. Which makes each slice 170, which makes the two I ate this morning 340. Ha ha.

I also re-did my training plan to accommodate more hours. Yay. It was easy. There are a few days that will be hard, but mostly I just made realistic numbers for how long I'm actually going to be biking on Saturdays and it worked out well.

Here's the rest of today's damage:

Food:
Pre-workout: Coffee with cream, banana: 110 cals
Breakfast: Coffee with cream, ham and cheese, my banana bread: 475 cals

Exercise:
Swim 30 minutes
Indoor cycling 1 hour
Run 20 minutes
Total calories burned: 750

1 comment:

Paul said...

I made banana bread last night. Yummm... the breakfast of runners. I added molasses, honey and orange juice to my recipe.