Saturday, March 18, 2006

Metric century! (Almost...)

I had planned a 65-mile ride; it probably would have been more like 68-70, and 62.5 would have been a metric century. But it took so long - not because we rode slowly (though we did maintain a lower pace than I had expected to, but that was okay) but because we stopped and we got three flats between the two of us, so time was sucked up. Also, neither Danielle nor I carried enough food (I was SOOO dumb! I only carried one Luna bar!), so we had to stop a few times to get more food. Anyway, I had somewhere to be late in the afternoon, so about mile 60, John picked me up. I didn't get to finish my ride, which makes me feel like a loser...but oh well, life goes on, and I'll do it all next time.

Anyway, here are today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: Bagel with low-fat cream cheese, banana with peanut butter, egg, coffee with milk: 575 cals
On-the-road food:
1 granola bar - 170 cals
1 Luna bar - 180 cals
Small sandwich from Subway: 210 cals
Oatmeal raisin cookie: 200 cals
1 Samoa: 75 cals
Recovery food: Low-fat turkey sandwich and coffee, bites of Camille's cookie: 410 cals
Dinner: Bread, salad with beef: 450 cals
Dessert: M&Ms, Small Haagen-Dazs (these single-serving things, so cute!): 400 cals
TOTAL: 2670 calories

Exercise:
Ride 60 miles on my bike!
2200 calories burned

No comments: