Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sore knees, broken cleat, exercise bulimia

I woke up happy to work out, but some stuff hurts. Like my knees. And then in indoor cycling, one of my cleats broke, so I couldn't do any standing climbs and I had to be really careful about not flying out of the pedal. Then I wanted to run, but I couldn't - so I did 20 minutes of brisk walking, and I think tomorrow I will be able to run again.

Okay, on exercise bulimia: I read an article yesterday that said that bulimia can include people who don't actually throw up. Instead, they:

-- Exercise excessively
-- Punish themselves for overeating by exercising more
-- "Earn" foods by exercising

I totally do all of these things. Am I bad? Am I unhealthy?

I wish I didn't like food. It would make things so much easier.

Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: banana and milk in coffee, 110 cals
Breakfast: Fruit, cottage cheese, ham, cheese: 325 cals
Snack: Non-fat sugar-free vanilla latte: 100 cals
Lunch: Soup, Doritos, banana bread (don't ask, I'm evil): 500 calories
Dinner: Steak, bread, green beans
Dessert: Chocolate chip cookie
Total calories: lost count!!!

Exercise:
Swim 30 minutes
Bike 60 minutes
Walk 20 minutes (no running, my knees hurt)
Total calories burned: 825

No comments: