Saturday, March 11, 2006

Breakfast of Champions

Ah, the banana chocolate chip muffin from Starbucks. Golden brown on top with rich chocolate chips and chunks of real banana. 470 calories of deliciousness...the perfect way to precede a bike ride. Too bad I'm too full to feel like riding now!

Well, it worked out okay - I had enough energy for my ride. We took it easy for most of the way, then I pushed hard and maintained 20+ mph over a couple of rolling miles (slight uphills, slight downhill). That part felt amazing - I've got to remember what being in that zone feels like and figure out how to get there, and stay there.

Today's data:

Food:
Breakfast: Banana chocolate chip muffin, coffee with milk: 500 calories
Lunch: Salmon and trail mix, coffee with milk: 490 cals

Exercise:
Bike 1.5 hours, 865 calories burned

No comments: