Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yesterday = Not Good. Today = The Real New Start

Okay, so I tried and failed. Microsoft has this tradition that on your anniversary (or at least milestone ones) you bring in one pound of M&Ms for each year you've worked here. Yesterday was my five-year anniversary. Ugh. There were still M&Ms outside my office this morning, and I ate some yesterday every time I walked into or out of my office. Bad bad bad.

So last night I went to the grocery store and spent $40 on healthy foods to stock my in-office fridge. I now have carrots, celery, low-fat cheese sticks, peanut butter, apples, oranges, some kind of low-fat, low-cal dip for the carrots and celery, and turkey breast slices. And other stuff I think. So today I'm going to try to be very very good.

I have to report this: I am exhausted. Both yesterday and today in afternoon meetings, I was close to nodding off. I feel like I could close the blinds to my office and curl up on my futon and go to sleep right now. Tonight I have a massage scheduled - that might be weird. What if I actually do fall asleep? (Does it matter? Wouldn't my muscles receive the same benefit either way?)

Today I was much more successful at sticking to the food plan...not 100%, but at least calorie-wise I'm okay. My calories are too high in the evenings. I need to work on that.

Anyway, here are today's data.

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana (no cream in my coffee...yuck!) 80 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese, cottage cheese and strawberries, coffee with lots of cream to make up for the morning: 325 cals
Lunch: Turkey, string cheese, carrots, spreadable cheese, turkey chili: 505 cals
Snack: Yogurt and orange, 170 cals
Dinner: Beef stir-fry, yogurt and granola, a little bit of trail mix: 800 cals
TOTAL TODAY: 1880 calories - not bad given my exercise level!

Exercise:
Run 1 hour (and six minutes)
Lift weights 45 minutes
Swim 30 minutes
Calories burned: 950

No comments: