Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Slow and Steady Wins the Pace

Today I had scheduled a zone 2 run - my goal was to run it with a heart rate completely below 140. Well, I did - but it was really hard! I kept having to force myself (mentally) not to speed up and run like I know I could. But frankly, I'm sore from circuit training yesterday (mostly my glutes and hamstrings), and that's not the point of a recovery week. So it's better that I ran 12-minute miles than had I sped up to do 8 or 9. That will be for next week!


Today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Coffee and banana, 110 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese, 1 cup fruit, coffee with cream: 255 cals
Lunch: Chicken taco salad (only a few bites of the shell): 510 cals
Snack: Chicken breast (um, thermogenesis?): 260 cals
Total so far: 1135 cals
Dinner: Chicken breast, broccoli, bread: 500 cals
Dessert: Yogurt with granola: 300 cals
TOTAL: 1935 calories - a little high

Exercise:
Run 60 minutes at 5 mph!, HR average 138 (solid zone 2), 400 calories burned

No comments: