Monday, March 06, 2006

New period, new week, new start

Okay, after this weekend's excess, I'm newly committed to eating right. I hope.

I'm starting the first week of Base 2 training. This morning I had my lightest day this week: just a half-hour swim and indoor cycling. It was fun, but I'm a bit sore from the weekend - and one of my knees kind of hurts. I'm hoping it's due to the snowboarding yesterday. I really shouldn't snowboard while I'm training. Maybe next year I won't train for anything and I'll just try to have fun. But that doesn't really fit with my personality.

Here are today's data:

Food:
Pre-workout: Banana and coffee with cream, 110 cals
Breakfast: Ham and cheese, yogurt and granola (not the super calorie Costco kind though), coffee with cream: 400 cals
Snack: Pumpkin bread, 150 cals
Lunch: Chicken in salad, 400 cals
Snack: M&Ms and a Samoa, 225 cals
Dinner: Beef stir-fry, 300 cals
Grazing on things I shouldn't: 200 cals
Thin mint girl scout cookies (these should be part of the above "things I shouldn't graze on" category): 210 cals
Total: 1995 calories

Exercise:
Swim 30 minutes
Indoor cycling 1 hour
700 calories burned

Oh, I'm deliberately not weighing myself for a while. I know I'm in a bad place. I'm going to try to work hard to get back to a better one and then weigh myself and be happy.

No comments: