Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm a model!

I think I mentioned this before, but the 20/20 program - the weight-loss program I did - asked me to be in their new brochure. Of course I had to say yes!

This morning was my photo shoot, and of course it was barely above freezing here - when we ran, it was about 30 degrees. I figure with the sun up it was probably closer to 40, but still. Too cold to be outside in - the cutest outfit ever! Check it out:

The pink camo GymGirl. The adorable, very flattering Smooch Tank. And, of course, pink camo Pearl Izumi socks and pink Asics.

Okay, excellent outfit. But WAY WRONG for the weather.

I got to get my hair and makeup done at the salon at the Pro Club, then the photographer took me outside. We went to the East Lake Sammamish Trail, the Sammamish River Trail, and Bridle Trails park (that last one was the coldest - the trees there are so tall very little sun hits the trail, so oh my goodness I was frozen and had to smile anyway!). Then on the way back to the club, the photographer sees this pedestrian overpass over highway 405 - and he liked the way it looked.

I realized that overpass was part of the Kirkland half-marathon route, where I have my half-marathon PR, so it seemed fitting to run over that while he shot photos of me.

So we go up on the overpass, and trucks are honking their horns. It happened enough that I started looking down for something on the side of the road. And then the photographer says, "I think they're honking at YOU!"

Hmm. A girl in a pink skirt and tank top outside on a 40 degree day attracts a lot of attention, I guess!

Despite the cold, it was fun - and I'm super-excited that I'm going to be in the brochure. I do have a good success story, even if my faithful blog readers know of all the stumbles I make along the way. In general, I've kept the weight off and I've improved my life dramatically - everything else is just little bumps in the road, right?

Oh, and if they share the photos with me, I'll ask if I can post one or two here.

4 comments:

Alison said...

That's soooo awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Wes said...

I'm sure you looked awesome in that outfit, and of course they were honking at you! I remember reading a story about how they shoot the SI swimsuit edition in the winter. Who said modeling wasn't a tough career? You earned this. Well done!!

Unknown said...

Delurking here (don't know how I randomly found your blog... I've been reading for a month or so).
I ordered that pink camo gym girl, when you posted about the Valentine's Day Sale at Skirt Sports (thanks for the head's up about the sale!) It is so cute! And I am in looooove with it, and the other running skirt I bought.


You should get a kick-back for your product reviews... I'm seriously considering the swimp3 player!

Jeff said...

That's so awesome!