Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Powder day

Today's been exercise-crazy!

I did my normal run with the girls this morning, and lifted weights immediately after (upper body and abs only, though). Then I met a couple of co-workers for a morning trip to the mountains to experience TWO FEET OF FRESH POWDER.

Seriously. It was so much it was almost too much, especially for this gal who loves the groomers. And nothing had been groomed, so it was all just there for us to carve up.

I only brought my skis, and I realized I'd never skied powder before. After the excitement of falling, tumbling, and losing a ski for like five minutes, I decided that in order to have a good day, I'd have to snowboard.

I rented a board and alternately floated on top of the snow and ate snow by the faceful. It's so much work to stay in control and on top of the powder! Towards the end of the morning I decided to try skiing again, and it was easier then because it was skied out. But it was still soft and fast and fun.

While boarding, I fell and whacked my shoulder so hard I came close to puking, but it doesn't hurt right now. We'll see what tomorrow will bring!

Oh, and since my gear is missing (or possibly stolen), I did go out last night to buy some replacements. I got a purple helmet that matches my purple pants and purple-and-gray jacket (why not pink? Honestly, I haven't found a pink snowboard outfit that I love yet), and pink goggles. I used an old pair of gloves that had been in a bin in the garage, not the bag that's missing. So I was good to go.

Guess it's probably time to start thinking about work for the day! But I need coffee first. :-) All that exercise...I think it's now time for a nap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You gotta call/email me the next time you do that!