Friday, February 23, 2007

The rest of the day

I went to spinning at noon, then continued my trend of running daily (even for a very short amount of time).

I still felt fab in spinning - very strong and light - and likewise running. But I realized something: my thing with food - like, overeating and being obsessed - isn't actually limited to food.

The same evil voice that tells me it's okay to eat and eat and eat and then eat some more also tells me things like, "Hey! Why don't you push the treadmill speed up to 7.5? How about 8? Come on, you can do 8.5. It's just for a minute...or two, or three..." and suddenly I'm WAY out of base training zone.

Maybe that's why I need to run with my friends - they keep me under control! On the treadmill, I just have to play games.

It's part of this cycle I've been blogging about, where I eat then pay for my food with exercise. However, today I'm still good, so here's hoping for the weekend!

1 comment:

Run for Chocolate said...

I know that little voice all too well, I wish it would shut up. I love yoga too, havent tried hot yoga though.