Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Okay, I think I can run again

This morning I pretty much jumped out of bed - at 4:30 a.m., 10 minutes before my alarm was to go off. So I guess running was meant to be. I took one Advil Cold & Sinus and was out the door.

Because all of us have just gotten over or still have colds, we decided to take it easy and do a shorter run - we were out for just 50 minutes. But unlike last week, I felt good the entire time. I remembered what it's like to run and enjoy it, not dread the next step. We were slow, but we'll pick up speed when we're all healthy and out of base training. Oh, and it was SO nice to not be 23 degrees! It was a balmy 42 this morning.

I lifted weights after the run and already my bottom is hurting - I put a bigger focus than usual on legs today.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in at the 20/20 Lifestyles office. I think it's going to be a good one. I usually weigh a little less on their scale than I do at home, and I've been seeing 139 or so the last few days...so there's hope that this time I'm going to be down! (Usually I'm right about the same - 141 or so.)

But I feel like I'm on a good path towards 130. I'm definitely motivated to get there!

1 comment:

Aleks said...

All great news! :) From the running to the weigh in!